Friday 20 November 2009

Artist Book, Etsy Shop, Children's Books, Cafe Royal...

Sorry I haven't been on in so long, been very busy!


Anyway, first to tell you about is the Manchester Book Fair. Here are some pictures of it, taken by Chiu Man (from www.artistsbookcollective.blogspot.com):



Wirral Metropolitan College- some beautiful work (as you can see!).



Cafe Royal- will mention again later!



Borbonesa- Really loved the typography going on here!


It was amazing! There were so many different types of work there that I felt really inspired. I also sold 6 copies of my book, pictured below. I ended up screen printing it in 2 colours on brown paper (which gave me a 3rd colour). I'm going to have another look at other ways to do it too, I feel that I've lost a lot of detail from my drawings doing it like this.



It's currently for sale/trade on Etsy too: www.starttoday89.etsy.com


I've started a new project at uni on children's books, in preparation for the Macmillan's Childrens Book competition. It's a VERY high standard and as a second year student I'm not sure I have what it takes yet, but I'm working really hard already and hopefully it'll pay off!
I also noticed on the Macmillan site there are exciting job vacancies for graduates so that's something for everyone to look at.


Cafe Royal again! Craig Atkinson is coming into uni next week to do a kind of workshop with us on zines, which I'm SO excited about! Take a look at the website, I think it's really interesting: http://www.caferoyal.org/
Here's an example of his work:



So keep your eyes peeled for my first zine! It's going to be about a week of my life...


Anyway sorry this was so long! Just had a lot to say...
Remember you can follow me at:
www.twitter.com/starttoday89
Shop:
www.starttoday89.etsy.com
Email:
start_today@rocketmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment